Aug 10, 2009

This Week's Fundraiser #2: Michael Jackson Tribute Party


(Click for larger version)


So I guess there was this singer (I think? maybe a guitar player?) named Michael Jackson. I heard people called him the "King of Pop," probably because of some kind of love he had for Royal Crown Cola. I don't know. He might have been a local artist, and I didn't grow up around here when I hear he was popular. Sorry.

My cousin's friend told me something about him a few weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure it had to do with him retiring(?). Apparently, some people on The Outfit heard of this guy (maybe family friends?), and they were saddened by his departure from music, so they wanted to put together some kind of tribute to him.

THIS FRIDAY, AUGUST 14, JOIN US FOR A DANCE PARTY OF MONUMENTAL PROPORTIONS AT HORSESHOE
4115 N Lincoln, just north of the intersection of Damen and Irving Park

RAFFLE PRIZES

DERBY GIRLS


DRINKS


and, of course
DANCING
made possible by Chicago's own Neverland, an MJ Cover Band

Come out and support both The Outfit and our departed King!

Neverland on MySpace
Horseshoe on MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment